When I was in high school, one of my best friends loved the German language. Took German, listened to German heavy metal, etc. Why? No clue.
But he took to calling me “Liebe Lisa” which I believe means love Lisa or I love Lisa. It became a well known phrase between me and my friends, and generally when I heard it I knew I was about to be tackled from some direction. So what does this have to do with anything?
Well, last month the wonderful writer A.W. Omyn nominated me for the Liebster Award! Thank you so much!!
Please check out A.W. Omyn’s blog, A.W. Omyn: Writing Adventure! She was nominated before me for this same award, so you know her blog is quality 🙂
Anyway, as soon as I saw the name “Liebster” blog I thought…Liebster? Like Liebe? What could this mean? Lovely blog? I love your blog? Blog of loveness? So I did what anyone would do; I googled it. And google translate tells me that “Liebster” translates to “dearest.” Also possibly “most lovely” or “loved.”
My point is that the Liebster Blog award is a big honor and I’m so very grateful and excited that someone thought enough of my blog to nominate me, and after only being on the internet a couple months! YAY 🙂
So here are the rules of the Liebster Blog Award:
Upon receiving your Liebster award, you should:
1. Thank your Liebster Blog Award presenter on your blog. Check. Thank you A.W.!!!
2. Link back to the blogger who presented the award to you. Check. GO LOOK AT HER BLOG NOW!!!
3. Copy and paste the blog award on your blog. Check. It’s on the sidebar too.
4. Present the Liebster Blog Award to 5 blogs of 200 followers or less who you feel deserve to be noticed. (some say just 3 or more blogs of less than 200 followers each). My blog actually does have less than 200 followers…for some reason the counter on my sidebar counts all of my twitter and facebook followers as well!!! Which is weird, it didn’t used to do that…huh.
5. Let them know they have been chosen, by leaving a comment at their blog. I will as soon as I post this so they know what I’m talking about!!
So HERE are the blogs I’m nominating for the Liebster award!
1. Annie Cardi
Hers is a blog dedicated to writing, as an art and as a career. It’s extremely informative, well organized, and a great deal of fun to read! Check her out!
For those of you who (like me) enjoy their food, this is a wonderful blog! Easy to follow and personal enough that it doesn’t read like a recipe site, yet Kat gives some wonderful recipes and cooking tips! And they’re even healthy!
This is the blog of an experienced writer. She is informative, funny, and gives great inspiration to those of us trying to make it in the writing world. Oh, did I mention the entire blog is written in third person? Very fun 🙂
4. Novel Ideas
This is a blog written by a teenage writer on her journey to becoming an author. She gives great book reviews and recommendations and has a beautifully laid out blog. If you’re looking for good new books to read, especially in the young adult genre, don’t miss her blog!
A well organized and just all around great book blog. You’ll find great book reviews, recommendations, guest posts, and a lot of info about Jane Austen! Plus…you just gotta love the name 🙂
So there you have it! The Liebster Award has visited the block party, and now I am sending it off to pass on it’s Liebsterness to other wonderful and deserving blogs! I hope my readers use this to find some great new people to follow! Keep spreading the love!